1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you store your resources?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Loony tunes, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Hi, maybe an odd question but my classroom seems to be in constant chaos. I spent yesterday in school basically just moving things from one pile to another and it isn't really any better than when I started. I've inherited a classroom with really old furniture and have got a bit of money to buy some new storage but don't really know what I need. I'm talking about things like flashcards, worksheets I'll probably use again, games I've made etc. At the moment I've got a combination of files and zippy bags but its not really working and nothing has a proper home. Please help!

2. ela86

ela86 New commenter

How about a cupboard with trays, then you can put your worksheets/ games/ cards in each tray and label the trays, so everything is tidy, accessible and will be easy to find as everything will be labelled.

3. Any worksheet type things I have in a 'masters' file.
    Most of my other resources are in labelled plastic boxes or trays and put into labelled cupboards. E.g. I have a cupboard labelled 'Numeracy-numbers' within that I have a box full of different number flash cards (themed) in zippy wallets, dominoes, lotto games, matching games etc etc.
    Some things could technically go in more than one cupboard but I choose a best fit and tend to remember where they are haha.
    I'm such a nerd for organising things!

4. Also, for flash cards what about some of those little takeaway plastic tubs you can get? I have one with phase 2 tricky words, phase 3 tricky words, common words, letter sounds etc etc.

5. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Thanks for your replies. Looks like I've got a good few hours of sorting to do over the next few weeks but hopefully I'll get myself (and my TA) into some sort of order. Thanks