1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

how do you 'show' progress made in a lesson?

Discussion in 'English' started by amylong, Mar 20, 2012.

1. amylong

amylong New commenter

Hi all,
    Just wondering-how do we all show progress has been made by pupils, in our lessons? At our school, we are focusing on the 'learning journey' made by pupils through the lesson-wondering how you all get pupils to demonstrate this, or any methods you might have to do so. We currently have mini plenaries throughout the lesson, a confidence graph and the must should could criteria-was wanting to see if there were other ideas out there!!

Amy

2. amylong

amylong New commenter

Hi all,
    Just wondering-how do we all show progress has been made by pupils, in our lessons? At our school, we are focusing on the 'learning journey' made by pupils through the lesson-wondering how you all get pupils to demonstrate this, or any methods you might have to do so. We currently have mini plenaries throughout the lesson, a confidence graph and the must should could criteria-was wanting to see if there were other ideas out there!!

Amy

3. Please drop me a line and I can explain our approach.

4. K.Wellborne

K.Wellborne New commenter

I'd be interested in your ideas too, if I can muscle in on the conversation. [​IMG]

5. Would really appreciate this too

6. All the people who have contacted me using "internal" mail have received replies.

7. millicent_bystander

millicent_bystander New commenter

Have also emailed you and would really appreciate your ideas.
    Many thanks.

8. You have mail.

9. Please could I have some ideas emailed to me? Amy_yma@live.co.uk I'm an NQT and any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you :)

10. This is clearly the most urgent need we are all facing at the moment - please could you copy me in to your reply? Many thanks

11. May I please jump on the bandwagon too?

12. Yes. But use internal email please. I have replied to others via that.

13. Sorry if I am being dim, what do you mean by internal email? A private message?

14. On my computer, an inbox is located at top of my screen. This allows "in-house" communication to bloggers on the TES site. Like email, but tied to your login name. A lot of people, me included, do not like to post an email address on-line to avoid spam and abuse. A dozen people have used this over past two days to get in touch with me. Hope this helps.

15. You have mail!