1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you show progress in one lesson with early years children?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Aunt Sally, Dec 3, 2011.

1. We are shortly going to have a LA lesson observation and have been told the focus is 'showing progress.' I am a NQT and have a mixed class of SLD & PMLD and I am not sure how I show progress in one lesson. I also know when they are in school and will observe but will not know what time they will come in to me.

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Just put it in the context of where the lesson (which is always one of a series) fits into the overall scheme of things.
    OK, that's actually wrong. I taught standing long jump today. Their first effort was uncoached so they got poor results. Only THEN did I demonstrate the technique and (surprise!) they all improved hugely.
    Now that's progress!
    But most lessons must be seen in context. Have a clear SMART objective. Then you should be able to show progress.

3. Thanks for replies....it was cancelled phew but will bear in mind your tips for next term