1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you show progress in drama?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by crunchynut, Nov 20, 2011.

1. I wouldn't go so far as Ralf in saying that there is no progress in drama! ;) I would say, though, that progress in drama is incredibly difficult to measure, which is why we all struggle so much with levelling, etc. In reality, I know they're made progress because my GCSE kids are now producing much more interesting work, performing better and making more insightful comments on their work. However, measuring that lesson by lesson is very hard. But let's be honest, real learning doesn't happen in handy lesson by lesson chunks which neatly fit into our objectives in any subject.

For ofsted purposes, I would chose a lesson where you teach a new skill, e.g. thought-tracking, and show that by the end of the lesson that can all use it successfully. Really a bit formulaic but should do the trick.

2. Good reply, Crunchynit. What she said, MathsCL. That's what I'd do.

3. MathsCL

MathsCL New commenter

Thank you so much everyone, I'll pass all this onto my colleague - I'm sure it will help a lot