1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you organise yourself?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lillipad, Dec 29, 2011.

1. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I think I must be the queen of procrastination, I always leave everything to the last second, planning, marking, assessing and feel I really should start to organise my time to get all those jobs done more effectively... How do you do it?!

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

hee hee, I think we've all got one of you in school. I think it's just the way we are and no amount of nagging, supporting, teasing will ever change those who are natrually a 'last minute type'.
    I am a born worrier and like to have everything ready/done at least a week before it needs to be, justin case 'something happens'!! I envy those who have no such cares.

3. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

But I do care and I do worry, I'm just appalling at keeping on top of it all!

4. greta444

greta444 New commenter

well, ok. What I try to do is to plan ahead, look at what needs doing, workout how long it's likely to takeand do the longest jobs first. The short jobs can be done in any spare minutes. I really do plan in my PPA time and get most of it done in one afternoon.
    However, thinking about it, I work quite a lot at home just to keep up with things. That's another conversation altogether. Perhaps that's it. My family are always complaining about how much I do at home.
    I didn't mean that you don't care or worry, I meant that I wish I had a more easy come-easy go mindset.

5. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Sorry about the spacebar's stickiness.

6. I'm really bad for leaving everything till the last minute! Every holiday I say oooh i'm going to get everything done in the first few days. But i always end up rushing it all in the last couple of days and I haven't truely relaxed because it's been hanging over myhead all holiday!

This holiday I have said the same thing so here I am doing and planning trying to get it done(although getting a little distracted now! ;0) ) lol

I have to say I'm pleased it's not just me! lol

Let's get all our work done today! :)

:)

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I know I'll leave it all until the last minute. I always do, it is just the way I am. No point fretting about it all holiday, it won't get done.

All my work stuff has either been in the basement or in my study for most of the holiday. (I did, wonder of wonders, do some planning last week, but only because I was feeling inspired and OH was still at work.) I put it away and don't think about it.

8. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I could have written that post.
    The other 2 teachers in my year group came round here on the first Monday of the holidays, and we got quite a lot done eg mid-term plan for Spring 1, short term plan for the first week back and a few other jobs.
    I felt so pleased with myself that I've completely relaxed and forgotten about school until today. Now I'm thinking that I shouldn't have been quite so relaxed. I've got loads of assessments to sort out, hundreds of photos to sort into files (I'm in Reception so much of our evidence is photographic) and other jobs that I've been trying to forget about.
    I've been on the laptop for hours, trying to work out my timetable for next week - I can't figure out how I'm going to fit everything into a 3 day week.
    Of course, I'd have been finished earlier if I didn't keep getting bored and popping into TES.

I'm feeling extra guilty because I've let Cariadlet sit in front of the telly all day while I'm on here, and even more rubbish because Mr C has been outside for hours, in the freezing cold, building a lovely stone wall in the back garden.
    Oh dear. Back to work.[​IMG]