1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you manage to get a spot at nearly 43?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Feb 16, 2011.

1. I have never had spots!
    I now have one, which seems to have appeared within the space of me having a shower and putting on my PJs.
    A big ***** thing on my right cheek.
    How dare it?
    Am I having a hormonal thing? Where has it come from?
    I don't have greasy skin - I have dry skin. How does a spot occur on dry skin?
    And how do I now get rid of this montrosity?

2. My skin is dry. I never got spots.
    Until I was pregnant. [​IMG]

3. I am very definitely not pregnant.
    Unless I am a reincarnation of Mary.

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

At 48 my skin has never been without spots!

5. I am not 48, but I do get spots... If you were in this country I would say get some oxy on the spot - that speeds up getting rid of the spot

6. Mine started at 41ish, it's the beginning of the menopause, and looking back, I remember my mum being the same. Now 44 and they're more sporadic. Doc reckons it's like being a teenager with raging hormones!

7. Am 41. Never had spots until this time last year when GP gave me meds to help make sure I was ovulating. Even though I've only actually taken three months' worth at most cos I was actually ovulating without them - I've had spotty cheeks ever since. And they got worse since being pregnant!

8. Sure it's not a bite? I have a corker slap in the middle of my cheek, that I'm pretty sure came from a mini-beast brought in by one of my lovely Group 2, bless 'em.

9. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

I still get the occasional one on my chin or cheeks and I'm 57. They usually occur when I'm particularly run-down. I put a Manuka honey ointment on them (when in the house only, as it's a bit sticky!) and they're gone within a few days.