1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you hear about the school's decision after interview?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Kartoshka, May 26, 2011.

1. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

I always had the impression that the school would either tell you on the day, or phone you within a couple of days to let you know either way. However, after my latest interview I was sent a letter. Is this usual practice? I was very disappointed as I did not receive the letter until a week after the interview, which is a long time to wait when the school knew I would need to apply elsewhere if I was not offered the job. Just wondering about other people's experiences...

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

In my (albeit limited personal) experience, if you are offered the post they tend to contact you fairly quickly whereas if you've been unsuccessful there's no hurry & letters would be more usual. But does depend very much on the school.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

If they want to offer you the job, they normally phone.
    This is because they nbeed to know fast if you will accept, so that they can then offer to second choice quickly before s/he gets another job.
    Turning you down they sometimes write, because it's easier for them to give bad news that way, rather than having a very upset candidate at the end of a phone line.
    You should just go on appolying, even when waiting for a result. the school would be expecting you to do this, rather than waiting for the.
    Good luck!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.
    A new Moving to Headship or SLT seminar is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

All my school interviews advised on the day. x