1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you get a job marking exam papers? Has anyone done it?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by TeachingTS, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hello,
    I'm looking for some summer holiday money. Has anyone done any exam marking in May/June time? Which company did you use and was it worth it? Would you recommend it?
    I teach full-time so I'd be looking to work on these in evenings. I'm only interested in papers such as Maths (where the answers are straight forward.) I don't want to be marking English!
    If anyone has any comments that would be great.
    Thank you [​IMG] (Dreaming of a holiday OR that lottery win!)

2. Hello,
    I'm looking for some summer holiday money. Has anyone done any exam marking in May/June time? Which company did you use and was it worth it? Would you recommend it?
    I teach full-time so I'd be looking to work on these in evenings. I'm only interested in papers such as Maths (where the answers are straight forward.) I don't want to be marking English!
    If anyone has any comments that would be great.
    Thank you [​IMG] (Dreaming of a holiday OR that lottery win!)

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Errrrrr you are far too late for this summer.

4. Ohhh, I'd love to do this. I'd mark anything - love a bit of Literacy. Capital idea!

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You people do realise that markers generally end up with a few hundred scripts to mark don't you?
    And, like I said you are far, far, far too late for this year anyway.

6. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

I agree with Minnie, far too late for this year. I was a reserve marker for English last year. (although did end up marking about 75 sets) Despite having marked before, I still have only been offered reserve marker this year. Think you have to have a letter from the pope to mark the maths ones anyway!

7. Thank you for the replies. I was thinking on the spur of the monent. Easily done when it's cold and wet outside and holiday prices have soared. Thank you for the information.

8. I've only done the base allocation for the last few years - but it's still a good 350 scripts (and for Literacy that was, until the changes this year, the reading, spelling AND two writing papers) to be turned around in quite a short space of time... and the contracts for this year have already gone out anyway.
    It's not the easy floods of money you might think it to be (although I do find it quite bizarrely therapeutic as the piles of ones done go up and the piles of the ones to do go down).