1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you feel...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by YesMrBronson, Jan 22, 2011.

1. annie2010

annie2010 Occasional commenter

Agree with you, Glitterkid. Now that I have reached 'a certain age', everytime I see myself in photos it's like looking at my late mum!
    Also, now that my eldest is an adult, she's so like one of my aunts.

2. impis

impis New commenter

I look at old pictures of me and think to myself 'blimey, I wasn't so bad after all.'

This is a bit worrying because I know that in 10 years time, I'll look at the godawful pictures of me know and think the same. Which means that in 10 years time. I'll look worse than the pictures of me taken today. OOer - hardly bears thinking about, really!

3. impis

impis New commenter

now

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Can't agree - I have over a thousand pics online and I can remember what I was doing and thinking when I took all of them, especially how I was composing the shot and trying to get the exposure right.

Again, I disagree - you can be creative with a camera. Different techniques at the point of capture will result in different meanings and different interpretations of the image, without any fancy cropping or image manipulation.

The camera is a tool - a piece of inert equipment, not a supernatural being. It's the photographer who adds the magic ;-)

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

That's defeatist nonsense - there's no reason why can't grow into our looks in our mature years.

I know I'm still waiting in hope.. ;-)