1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you feel on Friday?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by monicabilongame, Jan 22, 2016.

1. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

2. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

Bird Circle.gif

Lots to do on a Friday.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    cissy3 likes this.
  3. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Wrung out and stroppy usually. With big ideas about all the things I will achieve over the weekend. And a bag full of teacher stuff sitting in the hall and calling to me.

ValentinoRossi likes this.
  4. josienig

josienig Star commenter

On Friday I feel like opening a bottle of red wine and drinking as much of it as I like coz no bleddy alarm in the morn!

ValentinoRossi and nomad like this.
  5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Quite chirpy really which was nice... new job is clearly proving beneficial.

I think the lack of a 'culture of fear' is a help.

6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

If I had enough energy to leap like the guy in that first picture it would be an unusual week. I managed to stay up until 10pm last night but the last hour was a struggle.

cuteinpuce likes this.
  7. blue451

blue451 Lead commenter

Ah, I used to love Friday evenings snuggled up at home, with good company or a good book or both. But I'm currently living in a country where power cuts are frequent and there is a shortage of gas and other fuels. On Fridays there is no power until 10pm at night so Friday nights in have lost a lot of their appeal.

8. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I love Fridays. Don't usually have any commitments so just potter about until 4.30 ish when we go to the pub for a nice glass of white wine and home for an evening of tele. It's special because the next day is the weekend and husband and I always spend weekends together i.e. no golf.

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  9. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I have reached the stage where I often have to think for a while, when I wake up, to remember what day it actually is.

10. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Friday is the easiest day of the week for me this year, so I enjoy it.

lanokia likes this.
  11. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Since leaving teaching Friday has lost its significance, as I don't have a fixed work routine. More often than not I find myself looking forward to Mondays, as I can be quite busy at weekends now.

12. jomaimai

jomaimai Established commenter

I felt really tired but happy and I have a really challenging class.
    New job is also good for me, so far!

13. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

It really depends on what you do on a Friday. I used to have a "challenging" class last thing on a Friday and I would drive home filled with frustration, anger and relief. This year is much easier and it isn't really a big deal.

14. Noja

Noja Senior commenter

I am known for falling asleep on people's sofas on a Friday night...these days I just avoid the invitations and fall asleep on my own sofa.

15. jomaimai

jomaimai Established commenter

Also, sleeping through the whole film at the cinema. ;)

RedQuilt and Noja like this.
  16. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I remember that feeling of frustration, anger and relief. One year I finished a Friday afternoon with a hideously behaved year 9 group. On a couple of occasions I was still shaking with the frustration when I arrived home.

17. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

In my last couple of years at the 'chalk face', by 8 o'clock on a Friday evening, I my head had rolled back on the sofa and I was snoring. That feeling of liberation and relief that the week was over had disappeared, as I started dreading Monday on Friday afternoon.

18. ValentinoRossi

ValentinoRossi Star commenter

I usually leave the school building feeling totally exhausted, but also 'lifted' by my second in department. She is a delight to work with. We always have a natter and a giggle at the end of the day.

Then I go back to my flat, change out of my work clothes and do nothing for an hour or so. Without fail, by about 7 the boarders start ringing my doorbell, asking questions, telling me of their plans for Saturday, wanting help with the washing machine / cooker / homework etc. We now have 3 Chinese boys in the house who all play guitar quite well - often till about 2 in the morning! It's actually comforting - reminds me why I'm doing this job, in amongst all the frustrations and put-downs of the day.

RedQuilt likes this.
  19. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

It depends. My ex has the children every other weekend and Friday is pick up day. On 'his' weekends Fridays are frantic as I only have an hour to get back from school, get dinner into the children and pack their bags. I hate having to pretend to be nice to the ex on changeover too.
    On 'my' weekends it's lovely, relaxed and fun so I generally feel tired but invigorated.

20. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

I have the sproglets on Friday so by 6 o'clock I'm pretty much on my knees. But in a good way.