1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you feel around results day?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by T0nyGT, Aug 12, 2019.

1. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

For us IGCSE people the day of reckoning is tomorrow. How are you feeling? Nervous? Calm? Indifferent?

I have no idea how IB works, but I think those people have known since early July.

2. Jason_Bourne_

Jason_Bourne_ Occasional commenter

IB results are always provided at end of the 1st week of July. Good luck for tomorrow...!

T0nyGT likes this.
  3. makhnovite

makhnovite Established commenter

Quietly confident - some who know me would say not so quietly!!!

T0nyGT likes this.
  4. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

There's always that one kid who gets an A* in the mocks and then forgets how to use a pen in the actual exam though and messes up all your figures

blue451 likes this.
  5. tb9605

tb9605 Occasional commenter

Pretty nervous. The mocks were all fantastic, as was the coursework, so naturally somebody will have screwed up! It even more torturous as some results are Edexcel and I'm also waiting on A Level results too - all spread out over 2 weeks. Argh!

T0nyGT likes this.
  6. p1lchard99

p1lchard99 New commenter

Strange for me as I started post in January and could not work miracles as the students had not had a constant teacher for up to two years. They tried really hard and were over the moon to have a new and stable teacher who wanted to teach. Saying that I am really hoping that I have made some difference and that they have done much better than their mocks in December before I arrived. Good luck everyone

T0nyGT likes this.
  7. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

Ooh that's tough! At least I get to be hung, drawn and quartered all in the same day

8. amysdad

amysdad Established commenter

Confident but still a little nervous - doubled because my own child is waiting for their results too....

T0nyGT likes this.
  9. tb9605

Does anyone know what the "percentage uniform mark" actually means? (It bears no relation to the Minimum Raw Mark it would seem.)

In other news, results not as good as I hoped, not as bad as I feared. One pleasant surpise, one "how did they do that badly?" Kind of like every year.

T0nyGT likes this.
  10. sicalifornia

sicalifornia New commenter

11. tb9605

Thanks - I don't know why I couldn't find that last year. Cheers.

12. funkymonkey

funkymonkey New commenter

I don t care either way. I never look for results or care what they got. Can t remember half their names by the end of the summer.

blue451 likes this.
  13. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

Haha

14. grdwdgrrrl

grdwdgrrrl Occasional commenter

My child’s efforts were less than and his results reflected that. His teachers tried so hard and were so frustrated, but he just didn’t give a tiny rats ass. On to IB now, hope the fresh start will spark his intrinsic motivation.

T0nyGT likes this.