1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do you assess?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by imnotsleeping, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Assessment. When assessing children in ks1 do you give all children the same test? Even if you know that some cannot access it because it's too hard or will fly through it cos it's too easy. Or do you differentiate the test using questions pitched at the Lower middle and high. 

Be interested to know as I'm being told you give all children the same test. 

It's just a half term test. 

Thanks. 

2. Assessment. When assessing children in ks1 do you give all children the same test? Even if you know that some cannot access it because it's too hard or will fly through it cos it's too easy. Or do you differentiate the test using questions pitched at the Lower middle and high. 

Be interested to know as I'm being told you give all children the same test. 

It's just a half term test. 

Thanks. 

3. The only tests I give my Year 2s are the SATs that I have to give. Otherwise I assess them as I go along and mark up my APP grids at the end of each big term. For the writing I use the evidence from the weekly Big Write and writing across other subjects. For maths we include lots of opportunities for them to apply what they have previously learnt and in reading I tend to use the evidence gained in guided reading.

4. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

Ditto ... [​IMG]

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We did SATs papers, not the ones we are using for official assessment, just so that children had a clue what to do and how to do it.

Other than that also just SATs...no other tests at all. Though school would like pointless end of unit maths tests (even though we don't all teach maths via framework units!).