1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do we qualify QTS from outside UK?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by suas2016, Mar 24, 2018.

1. suas2016

suas2016 New commenter

Hi There,
    I work in Pakistan teaching O/AS/A Level Computer Science and Computer Applications such as Java, Android, Python, SQL and the like at Aptech Computer Education. I have been Teaching Computer Science for around 18 years. I have attended lots of webinar and workshops and even went for B.Ed. Here in Pakistan there is no such institutes who support to apply for QTS as it is very expensive to do as an individual. I am interested in doing QTS. How should I apply to qualify for QTS. Please suggest the way I can follow and do it smoothly. Or, is there any equivalency for gaining QTS? Please elaborate about QTS. Secondly, How to promote my resources at Tes?

Thanking you

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2018
  2. cach9801

cach9801 New commenter

You come to the UK and teach 'unqualified' (I know it's a ridiculous title) as an OTT (Overseas Trained Teacher) - prove you hit the teachers' standards, and should have QTS within the year.

I would doubt that QTS earned from outside the UK would be recognised. (speaking from my own experience!)

Hope that helps!