1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do special schools assess communication?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Lina46, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Lina46

Lina46 New commenter

2. sofia_sen

sofia_sen Occasional commenter

I'm sorry but for me communication is too broad to answer the questions. It can range from Intensive Interaction to "real" reading, writing, listening, speaking so there are numerous assessment methods etc.
    Unless I didn't understand your questions correctly? :(

3. Lina46

Lina46 New commenter

I'm looking at all types of communication from vocalisation to body language , eye pointing. I just want to know how you work at your school and whether you have any assessment methods in place to track progress of the children

4. Lina46

Lina46 New commenter

I posted the link above for the questionnaire , its basically entirely up to you how you answer based on your school .

5. sofia_sen

sofia_sen Occasional commenter

Ok, I have filled it in. Hope it helps. If you would like to know more about specific methods, let me know :)

6. Lina46

Lina46 New commenter

Thank you so much for filling it out , if anyone would like to take part in an interview regarding this question ,
    I would love to hear from you x

7. missbumblebee123

missbumblebee123 New commenter