1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do people overcome

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pinkflipflop, Jan 9, 2011.

1. I always find that work is the best distraction for things upsetting me in my personal life. When they are bothering me too much to concentrate I go for a walk and then get back to work.
    If problems in your relationship are starting to badly affect your personal/professional life then they need to be addressed.

2. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

Find the space and the peace to write it all down. Read it to yourself. Allow yourself to think about it carefully. Then put it away safe and put your thoughts away too. Concentrate at work on work and nothing else, don't even think about what you might have for dinner when you get home.
    It's hard but doable, sometimes you have to compartmentalise your life to get through it.
    Take care
    xx

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I agree wholeheartedly. I doesn't suit everyone's personality though, and it's not always possible in some circumstances. Then again, as a teacher the concept of having a public face and a private face shouldn't be completely foreign to you.

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Typo: It doesn't suit..

5. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

If you are aware that certain situations trigger an emotional response because of what is happening at home then try your best to avoid or do something that distracts you in some way.

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Yep, I'd agree with that. Works for me.
    My mind is full of little boxes. I deal with the box that is opened and once that's done I close the box and stick it back in its and open another one.
    Some of the boxes are on very high shelves... [​IMG]

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Damn this stupid wireless keyboard!

8. That is what I do.
    And I often find work a blessing and my saviour when private life is tough.

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

And so do I.

10. I have major problems with procrastination, so when things go bad in my personal life it makes that worse. I wish I could be someone that 'just got on with it' but it seems near impossible :(