1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do I save a communicate in print document as a pdf?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Loony tunes, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Hi, after using Symwriter for the last couple of years we've just bought Communicate in Print and its taking a bit of getting used to! How can I save a document as a pdf file? Thank you

2. Loony tunes

Hi, after using Symwriter for the last couple of years we've just bought Communicate in Print and its taking a bit of getting used to! How can I save a document as a pdf file? Thank you

3. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

CIP is brilliant. Remember you have the Manual installed on your computer.If you click on Help, you can find a lot to help you.To print a file to a pdf printer, you do the following:
    You have your document open in CIP.

When you are ready to print it to your pdf printer, you
    click on File, then Document setup.

When the little window called Document setup opens, you
    click on Set paper shape.

This will open your Print setup window.

You find and select your Cute PDF Writer in the Printer
    choice box (or whatever your printer that makes PDFs is called) and Letter will
    appear in the Size choice box. Find and select A4 and OK. At this point you will see that the CIP page
    has the red outline moved right to the edge.

Now you are ready to print it so do Ctrl+P or click the
    printer icon.

Whether it is a book or sheets, I always print PDF as sheets
    Single Sided. (You can fuss with how to print out the PDF file later...)

If you don't go through this rigmarole, you may find the
    pages do not print neatly on the page and anything you want back to back (such
    as game cards) will not be properly aligned.

I have been using CIP since it was first published so PM me any problems and I will do my best to help. But if it's technical to do with your computer, or you have the program networked, I will not be the person to ask and you would be better emailing Widgit Support for assistance!

4. Loony tunes

Thank you languageisheretosay, thats REALLY helpful! I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into it though not letting myself until I've finished writing my annual review reports!