1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do I resign in half-term?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by tiredout, Oct 18, 2015.

1. tiredout

tiredout New commenter

i am likely to be resigning my job during half term. How do I resign when the headteacher is not around?

2. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Hope this is because of a pending job offer rather worn out, although I'm guessing from your user name it may be the latter.
    If your resignation is not dependent on a job offer, why can't you do the deed on the last Friday of school?
    If the offer is dependent on a job offer, talk to your head, who will probably not worry about an odd day if they know, or who will suggest the best method for contacting them before the 31st.
    If the school is staffed in the holidays, take it in and hand it to whoever's in charge of HR.
    Best wishes
    P

monicabilongame and asnac like this.
  3. asnac

asnac Lead commenter

Deliver a hard copy to the HT at school, and attach it to an email to them at the same time, cc'd for good measure to the HR governor. The email will be proof that you've met the deadline even if they don't bother to check post or email in the holiday.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter