1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do I quote users?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Two ways; hold mouse down to highlight and the either
    copy and paste putting in quotation marks (I personally usually also change the font to italics)
    or copy and choose the <u>Quote </u>option next to the little speech mark bubble at the bottom of the post to which you're replying.
    Hope that's fairly clear?

2. Nope sorry Lara I'm still not getting this

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

First click on the reply button of the post you want to quote from.
    Either just click on the quote button that you will see at the bottom left of the message when you are on the 'reply to an Existing Message' page. This will give you the whole post like this:
    Or you can select a section of the post. Highlight with click, hold and drag - the same as if you were selecting text in Word and then click quote. You will then just get a section of the post like this:
    Hope this makes it clear.

4. Lara mfl 05

Thanks marlin, myhead's still a little all over the place at the mo.!

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Well Lara, as they say, the proof of the pudding ...
    We'll wait to see if supply slave understands this any better [​IMG]

6. Nope still not working. Have a feeling this has something to do with my stupid PC - GRRRR

7. So managed it yet supplyslave?As we can see Lara - er no

8. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Go to reply. When you are in the boxthatyou type in, above there should be a little sign <a id="ctl00_bcr_PostForm_ctl02_PlaceHolder1_ctl01_QuoteButton" class="CommonTextButton">Quote[/URL].
    If you want to copoy what someone else says, go to their bit of text, and highlight it - do you knw how to do this. When you have done that, click the sign above that says quote. You then should have something that looks like this
    Hope you get it sorted [​IMG]

9. Yep done all that every time but still it won't work. I think this has something to do with the way my PC was first set up. It appears my late mrs set herself up as administrator so I will try going through her PC user area and see if that works! Be back soon.

10. Hah so I was right - it works going through my ex mrs user area - now to figure out how to apply all the settings to my user area!

11. Lara mfl 05

Well that's one success! (I had to go through IE when first learning how to post a picture and then find out how to do it in Firefox, which was very different.)
    Hope you're good with computers and understanding the registry- that's where I do need my son!