1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do I make post to teachers stand out in the in-tray?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by EngineeringUK, Aug 15, 2011.

1. EngineeringUK

EngineeringUK New commenter

Hi all,

I was wondering if you have any ideas that could help me with a marketing conundrum I have about the best way to grab teachers? interest in a free STEM fair? I know you?re time poor and will get tons of marketing in the post every day so I wondered if you?ve seen anything that stood out to you that I could take inspiration from?

The aim of the flyer/poster/invitation/whatever is to encourage teachers to bring their class or group of pupils to The Big Bang UK Young Science and Engineer Fair. The aim of The Big Bang is to excite young people about STEM and encourage them to consider STEM careers. Any thoughts about direct mail you?ve received or seen that has stood out among the piles you get would be very much appreciated.

Here?s The Big Bang website for interest:

www.thebigbangfair.co.uk

Thanks!

Miriam

2. Bribery works in our staff room! Any envelopes that feel like they have something 'exciting' in them are opened first. I remember a company sent out a catalogue with a sachet of coffee and a mini bar of green & blacks one year - and a note telling you to treat yourself and spend ten minutes reading it! Everyone loved that idea, and we now attack the 'exciting' envelopes with anticipaton!!

3. Brown old paper envelopes with TOP SECRET stamped on the cover.DO NOT OPEN UNLESS UNDER CONTROLLED CONDITIONS. Your logo.. Choose odd sized parcels, small boxes, be quirky. Love the website.

4. Zadok1

Zadok1 New commenter

I agree... chocolate would usually work!