1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do I get into HOSPITAL TEACHING ?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by SUPER.SUPPLY, Aug 7, 2011.

1. SUPER.SUPPLY

SUPER.SUPPLY New commenter

I have been supplying for a few years now and have even spent a day at Great Ormond Street Hospital to see what the set up for children with long term sickness is about. When I was there, I bumped into an Aussie guy who had managed to get a few days work there through his agency!!! However, no agency i have contacted does this. I was told by the headteacher to keep looking in the Guardian for vacancies but that is it.
    Does anyone have any advice for me? I would love to hear if you have actually done it. I have years of experience with special needs and a huge insight into a range of illnesses.

2. SUPER.SUPPLY

SUPER.SUPPLY New commenter

I have been supplying for a few years now and have even spent a day at Great Ormond Street Hospital to see what the set up for children with long term sickness is about. When I was there, I bumped into an Aussie guy who had managed to get a few days work there through his agency!!! However, no agency i have contacted does this. I was told by the headteacher to keep looking in the Guardian for vacancies but that is it.
    Does anyone have any advice for me? I would love to hear if you have actually done it. I have years of experience with special needs and a huge insight into a range of illnesses.

3. crusell

crusell New commenter

I worked for the hospital service in leeds through protocol

4. Contact LEA.