1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

how do I find out the results of my neighbour schools?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by madjessy, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Hi I was told in a recent course a good way to argue for things you need in your department is to use the "our neighbour school has great results and has XXX facilities" The trouble is, how do you find out their GCSE Drama results, without asking them directly? Is there a database I can access?

2. Hi I was told in a recent course a good way to argue for things you need in your department is to use the "our neighbour school has great results and has XXX facilities" The trouble is, how do you find out their GCSE Drama results, without asking them directly? Is there a database I can access?

3. The only way of getting subject specific information is through asking the school directly. If you haven't already got a working relationship with the HODrama at your neighbouring school, make it one of your aims for the new school year - or the very end of this one if there's still time. Would be especially useful if you are a lone teacher in a school to have someone who understands your subject to meet up with occasionally.

4. This wouldn't work as an argument for me, i'm HoD for 2 departments. The best way to argue for things that you need is to produce the results and the excitement about your own department. Once your department is more visible for positive reasons, then you have a good argument.

5. Thanks both. I am planning to put together a portfolio of evidence. Hopefully our results and quoting the exam spec requirements to have decent equipment and we have just had a superbly successful show should all go towards, so all on the up :)

6. This would produce a much better argument for your cause. It's not to say that what the Jones' have isn't worth mentioning, you certainly need to be able to compete on the facilities side of things, it's just that it shouldn't be your biggest point. Congrats on your success this year, I wish you all the best.