1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do I find a job? Please help!

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by 559lkm, Jun 26, 2011.

1. I am an ex head teacher and have been out of the profession for the last 10 years. I have missed being in the classroom and have decided to try and get back. I have many years of teaching experience and have taught all age groups. I have mostly taught French but can turn my hand to most humanities based subjects. I would ideally love to be on a 'supply list' but have absolutely no idea how to go about this. can anybody out there please help me?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I don't think you will like what you're going to hear.
    Supply lists - dead. Agencies now handle most supply.
    Secondary supply (short term) - dead. Killed by cover supervisors. Long term probably but will be at cheap rates.
    Best bet - ring up a few agencies and see what happens.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Again not much hope I'm afraid.
    Depends on where you are in the country, whether the supply is LA or agency.
    The alternative is to consider doing voluntary work if you retired on a pension. An ex-Head I know is doing this and is much demand by ex-staff who ask him in.