1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do I demonstrate that I have sympathy towards a Christian Ethos?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Sharon75, May 4, 2011.

1. This is (obviously!) a requirement in a CE VC/VA school - how do I demonstrate this in my application?

Previously I have written about my prior & current employment (I am currently a supply teacher, & didn't have to apply for this 'position') in a CE VC school, & that I supported & implemented the schools aims/values/ethos- but, as I am 'lapsed' how can I do this more imaginatively??

2. This is (obviously!) a requirement in a CE VC/VA school - how do I demonstrate this in my application?

Previously I have written about my prior & current employment (I am currently a supply teacher, & didn't have to apply for this 'position') in a CE VC school, & that I supported & implemented the schools aims/values/ethos- but, as I am 'lapsed' how can I do this more imaginatively??

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I think it may depnd on whether it's VC (Voluntary Controlled) or VA (voluntary Aided). I think it's the former which is more demanding that one has a faith to which one adheres. So I put things like 'ran Sunday School team at xxxx Church', 'ran xxx group within that', attend xxxxx church regularly' & then go on to say how faith affects my teaching(have a look at info online for guidance about issues).
    In my area VA schools are much less bothered & just ask that one to attend & participate in 'faith assemblies'.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Just talk about nativity plays or assemblies with a Christian character. To be honest it isn't something I labour on the application form itself, just a line or two usually if there is space and they mention it as essential on the person spec.

Prepare an answer for an interview question as they are likely to ask.