1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do I decide between two great School Direct training providers??

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by sm3llyc4t, Nov 29, 2016.

1. sm3llyc4t

sm3llyc4t New commenter

I have had two School Direct interviews this week and have been offered a place by both (yay!). Both the lead schools seem fantastic in terms of supporting and really caring about their trainees, and I have been into both schools prior to the interviews to observe lessons and really enjoyed both. I have met trainees at both schools, all of whom seem really enthusiastic and settled. Both clusters of schools are good for me geographically.
    I wondered whether anyone has any suggestions for me in terms of what I should look for in a School Direct training provider past the things I have mentioned. Honestly I think I will have a good experience and learn a lot whichever I choose, but I wondered if anyone has recently gone through their training year and can think of anything else I could ask them to differentiate, or anything that you would look for if you were back in my position? If not it might genuinely come down to a coin flip as I have truly enjoyed every experience and clicked with both schools!

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

An obvious one would be the track record- How many trainees have they put through SD? How many went on and completed the induction year in the school? You also need to be aware that many training schools recruit for other schools in the consortium so check which school in the consortium the offer is actually for!

sm3llyc4t likes this.