1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How do I apply to go through threshold?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Queenie81, May 19, 2009.

1. I am currently on M6, and despite asking at my school no-one seems interested or able to answer my question as to how I actually go about applying to go through threshold?

Thanks
    Q x

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

You can go through next September. If the proposed new system is indeed adopted in the STPCD 2009 all you will have to do is let your head know in a simple letter that you wish to be considered for progression in the Autumn term 2009. The head will then make the decision based on your last 2 PM reviews and let you know the outcome at the latest by October 31st (in writing, with reasons if it is a refusal).
    No forms, no folders, no evidence gathering. There are no local, personal or school practices or policies which can supercede the STPCD on this matter.

3. Reading the present cohort's guidance it seems that next years applications will not get back pay. If you wait until next year to apply (it should be easier) you will not move to UP1 until September 2010. The deadline for this round is August - If you are on M6 now, you can apply this year and get the payments from September 2009.

4. Thanks for all your advice!
    Who in my school is the best person to ask? Is it better to go straight to the head?
    I know this makes me sound completely thick but seriously no-one in my school seems to know!