I'm staying at my current school for the next academic year, but I'd like to move on after that. However, my current school gives contracts for the next year early, and we have to sign and return them before December holidays begin. Last year, a couple at our school signed their contracts in December and then interviewed with other schools anyway, and one of those schools called our director, who "voided" their contracts for the next year AND gave them a bad reference so that they didn't get the jobs where they'd interviewed. So I can't "quietly" send out CVs to other schools without letting my current school know, but if I let my current school know, I won't have a job there the next year (December is so early!). I have to sign my contract for the next year in December, and there is no "maybe" option. I'm afraid that if I declare intentions to leave in December, I won't get a job for the next year, and then I won't have my current job, either. I don't have the resources to take a year off, unemployed. My current school/package is good, and in Europe, and I want to move to another European school: no Asia or Middle East, and I know the job market in Europe is tough right now. I would like to go to the London fair in January, and my school will give me leave to go...but only if I declare intentions to leave rather than signing the contract in December. Does anyone have advice or input on the situation, or personal experience? Realistically, how likely is it that I can land another solid Europe job rather/how big is the risk that I would find myself with a low paid option, or no option if I decide to go ahead with the job search? Do most schools ask teachers to sign contracts for the next year as early as December, or is this unusual? Thank you!