1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How did winning the wishbone contest change your life?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I have to admit that such is my luck, being able to decide which side of the wishbone is the best to grasp has eluded me as frequently as choosing the numbers that would earn me a lottery prize.

Yet on every occasion I lost the wishbone contest, somebody else won it. I was brought up with the understanding that whatever the wishbone winner wished for had be kept secret, or the wish would never come true, so I never learned what the extent of the dreams the partners I had in the wishbone contests I took part in were. I suspect they were less ambitious than the ones I had in store to wish on, since none of them became millionaires or the like.

The closest I ever got to learning whether a wish might have come true was when I ended up in bed with a work colleague who won it, but I feel there was a probability of that being pre-destined anyway, from the way she had dressed to kill and had been all over me from the moment the party started. Such is my charm and fate.

But how about the rest of you? How did winning the wishbone contest change your life?

sabrinakat likes this.
  2. Tom_Pubes

Tom_Pubes Senior commenter

3. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

[​IMG]

smoothnewt likes this.
  4. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

In my case it was a major determining factor for my behaviour during all future family Xmas dinners
    Having been accused of "cheating" once (inaccurately I might add) I have since forsworn participation in all such contests