1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How competitive are jobs in the Cayman Islands?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by William8686, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    Not sure if anyone will be able to help me with this, but I am just curious how competitive are jobs in the Cayman Islands?
    I have looked into a few international schools in the middle east and can't believe how many people are apying for the positions advertised. Is this the case for all international posts at the moment, and in particular jobs in places like the Caymans?
    Bit broad, but any help will be useful.
    Thanks, W8686

2. 576

576 Established commenter

I don't know- can't see that anyone who isn't in HR would.
    I also don't see why it matters.
    If you want a job - apply for it - if they get lots of applicants and you don't get short listed - well that's the way the cookie crumbles.

3. Hi 576,
    Thanks for your reply.You'e right, it doesn't matter at all, just curious really. I've been so surprised of the popularity of other international positions, just wondered if anyone had any other information about the Cayman Islands in general.
    Do you each or have you taught there? Any information that you think would be relevant would be very well recieved :)
    Cheers W8686

4. Thanks very much 576, a really helpful comment.