1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How can I transform my classroom into Wonka land?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sauvignonblanc, Apr 3, 2012.

1. I want to transform my new build classroom, ( alarms so no drapes, nothing hanging and very few display boards) into Wonka Land for a start of a topic on Willie Wonka with KS2. Apart from eating a lot of chocolate which I am of course prepared to do.. what can I do easily and effectively to wow the kids please ?

2. I want to transform my new build classroom, ( alarms so no drapes, nothing hanging and very few display boards) into Wonka Land for a start of a topic on Willie Wonka with KS2. Apart from eating a lot of chocolate which I am of course prepared to do.. what can I do easily and effectively to wow the kids please ?

3. Buy some cheap sand castle windmills that look like lollipops and blue tac them as table centres on desks?
    Hide some 'golden tickets' in reading books....must read the book first to get the prize!
    Borrow a chocolate fountain..probably too tempting for children and adults alike though!
    Make some giant candy canes from cardboard and prop them around the room.

4. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

Have a look at teachers pet website, I think they have some stuff for this.

5. Thank you - some super ideas

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Me too, but we are doing the Seaside...I reckon I could adapt it though...and link to GR independent activities. How coool.