1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How can I see OH?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by teacherabc, Jun 12, 2015.

1. teacherabc

teacherabc New commenter

I suffer badly from migraines as well as recently having quite a bad bout of depression. I have 10 - 12 a month which is not quite enough to be considered chronic but enough to a) get a warning for sickness from school and b) for my dr to refer me to a neurologist as all preventative treatments they can prescribe don't work for me. In fact one of the drugs she gave me turned me into such as zombie that it affected my ability to teach.

Also my depression plays off my headaches and I have not been doing well this year and this has shown in my observations (am at an outstanding school so any 3's on an ob's is a cause for concern apparently).

A couple of people outside of teaching have said to see OH as they can help and support me with the Head. I just don't know how to go about it. Anyone have any advice? Thanks :)

2. azzie

azzie New commenter

I think it will depend who employs you - it used to be possible to self refer in my county but now it's all managment referals - give them a ring and see what they say. If necessary ask your head to make the referal. Good Luck

3. teacherabc

teacherabc New commenter