1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How can I market my expertise?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by Lana55, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Lana55

Lana55 New commenter

For the past 10 years I have been constructing my school' s timetable whilst I was an asst. head. Now I have retired, and wish to continue as freelance 'timetable maker' . I do't know where to start, Please advise!

2. dts

dts Occasional commenter

Not to rain on your parade, but I can't see very many schools having the spare budget or inclination to outsource timetabling in this way. I'm involved in a minor capacity in producing the timetable at my school - I think it needs to be done by people who know the school and the staff well.

Lana55 likes this.
  3. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

I am aware of someone who used to do this. No idea how they marketed themselves. Big money but need to check how much you will get per hour: judge the fee wrongly and you'll be better off working on Tesco checkouts

4. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

Unfortunately this is part of the role of a current staff member in every school I know and they do it for free as one of their responsibilities so I am not sure that you would have much of a market.