1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How can I get the experience!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Penguin1212, May 22, 2011.

1. Hi
    Had my second interview (1st for AHT, 2nd DHT) didnt get either job, 1st lost out to LA advisor and 2nd got to last 2...and feedback form the heads has been great - especially the DHT one. But both have said same your lacking in experience - how on earth can I get it if no one will give you a chance? I work in a small primary, Ive completed both LfM and LP, I keep up to date with theories etc so am current and up to date, I have tried to take on more responsibility without treading on people's toes and rocking the boat and I have spoken to the head who has said "Oh yes I understand, see what we can do..." but nothing ever happens. Hopefully my formal feedback from LA and ADio will perhaps give me some ideas and opportunities but apart from that I don't know what to do???? There is another DHT come up in a school that I would love to work.....but not sure what to do if I can't get this vital experience?????????? EEEK...Just really frustrated, unless heads are lying so I dont cry on the phone (hahaha) I don't know how else to convince people to give me a chance! x

2. Oh...Ive applied for 3 senior roels and been short listed for 2 of them...so I must have something right?

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Can you apply for TLR posts in larger primaries as a stepping stone for a couple of years? A KS leader in a larger primary will give you nearly as much responsibility for leading and management as an AH in a smaller school.

4. Thanks Minnie...
    They are on my list as possible opportunities, but very few of them come up as TLRs seem to be allocated internally!
    But will keep a look out thanks x

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Ahhh, not sure where you are. Where I am, there are slightly more TLRs being advertised (or have been in the last couple of months) than AHs.