1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How can I enlarge the page?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, Oct 12, 2015.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

Sorry to be such a bore but at the moment the page is so small I can hardly read the print!

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Most of the space on my laptop is wasted. I'm sure there's an esy solution to this problem.

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

easy

ilovesooty likes this.
  4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Try holding down control (ctrl) and press the plus key.

5. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

@inky
    Have you accidently altered the settings? Look in the funny looking cog wheel on the top right of your top tool bar.

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

I did the ctrl and + thing and it worked, so thank you very much. Mind you, I've no idea how it went wrong in the first place.

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter

8. Robfreeman

Robfreeman Occasional commenter

You owe me a keyboard. I totally misread that an thought it said ways to enlarge my penis.

Yet weirdly I still clicked.

9. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

If you've got a cat who likes to walk over the keyboard, you need to know that the first thing they learn at Cat Kindergarten these days are what all the keyboard shortcuts are.

It's a bit like wondering why, as a kid, you needed to learn your twelve times tables off by heart. At some point in your life it twigs and you feel grateful that your teachers forced you to endure the punishment.

It's the same for cats, except they don't have to chant out numbers. They get instructed via choreography.

I expect you've been able to take a shop assistant to task over the cost of seven tins of baked beans at 50p each or similar at some point in your life, inky. You get some sort of smug thrill at being able to do something that youngsters can't, don't you?

Well, it's the same with cats. They get that same smug feeling from walking on your keyboard and making you feel small by the outcome.

10. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

You aren't paying attention.

11. Incommunicado

Incommunicado Established commenter

I did the Control and + thing to increase the font on my screen. It worked fine. How do you get the smaller font back, though, when you need it? Please?

12. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Ctrl and -

13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I use ctrl + mouse-wheel to go up and down.

14. inky

inky Lead commenter

A mouse mat with all the hidden or less obvious ikons etc would be helpful.

15. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Design and flog one.

marlin likes this.
  16. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

On my Mac, it's 'cmd +' to enlarge, 'cmd -' to reduce and 'cmd 0' to get back to the actual size. I'm assuming that the only difference is that for Windows it's 'ctrl' instead of 'cmd' - but I could be wrong. The list of options should be available in the pull-down "View' menu on the browser menu bar. I use Safari, though. Maybe other browsers are different

17. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

I have changed my settings on a number of times on my laptop. I think it may have happened because my wrist touched the mouse pad when typing and an unfortunate combination of keys occurred.

Also, it might be something to do with windows 8. I don't remember getting similar problems with older windows.
    I have always managed to find an answer by putting the question into google and find an answer on some PC forum.

18. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

If you decide to go down that route this link may be of assistance. It is one of the most comprehensive lists I have seen of the main shortcuts but others are available.
    You can even create your own if you are feeling brave (I'm not technically gifted, have a fading memory and need reminders/lists)

19. inky

inky Lead commenter

Maybe I will.