1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How can I differentiate in art?!

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by jollylolly, Jan 16, 2016.

1. jollylolly

jollylolly New commenter

Hi,

I am going to be observed in an art lesson teaching a Y2 class about collage. I was wondering if anyone could suggest some ways I could differentiate.

Thanks in advance.

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

cutting out ability? colour matching? shape matching? fitting shapes together? having a 'theme' (like all the faces, or all the dresses)? Tbh I have no idea.....

3. vickysimpson1989

vickysimpson1989 New commenter

I would talk about layout, neatness, choosing the right colours etc. Maybe talk about blending dark colours to light?

4. Goodere-dale247

Goodere-dale247 New commenter

I would focus on proportions of the drawing and line weights.

5. jessicarape

jessicarape New commenter

You could differentiate by providing lower ability students collage pieces already cut, and allow higher ability students to cut for themselves. Provide a template for the lower ability students to work on, or a WAGOLL.

scrowther99 likes this.
  6. snugglepot

snugglepot Occasional commenter

Provide pegs or tweezers for any child with difficulties with fine motor skills.
    Gardening magazines are good. I have decoupagd a box with gardening cut outs. I also arranged some in layers of colour in my art book.
    You could differentiate with texture too.