1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How can I contact a buyer?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by A_Gualda, Mar 13, 2019.

1. A_Gualda

A_Gualda New commenter

Someone recently purchased one of my resources, but their was a problem.
    He left a review, to which I replied, giving them contact details so I can send the correct resource.
    However, I am not sure if they will get notification to my reply.
    I have yet to receive an email from the buyer, and I am keen to send them the replacement.
    Is there a way I can contact the buyer directly?

2. nwilkin

nwilkin New commenter

If you update the resource on TES, anyone who has previously downloaded it, will be automatically notified and can download it again without contacting you at all. They may have done that.

3. MosaiK

MosaiK Occasional commenter

Good question! A way to contact our buyers directly is something that we have been suggesting for a long time, yet I don't know if there will ever be a simple way to do this through this platform.
    Here is my suggestion: At the top of this page, in the black heading/tab line, click on your own profile picture, to the right of your name (the one where the mouse-over reads 'view your profile').
    A small menu window will open, from which you can select 'conversations'. This will take you to a new larger window. Click on 'Start a new conversation' and then simply follow the instructions, i.e. type your buyer's name/handle into the 'participants' line etc...
    To check if you have a conversation waiting, you then click on your profile picture in the top right again. You will see a number next to 'conversations' to tell you that you have been contacted...
    Now, there is only one snag with this, if the buyer doesn't know about this feature, then they are unlikely to click on their profile picture at the top of the page... I do wish it were more visible and it would alert TES members more obviously, when they have a message waiting. :rolleyes:
    You have no way of telling your buyer about this little-known feature either, since you have already exhausted the one other opportunity you had to contact them in response to their comment and you can no longer edit this... :(
    Alternatively I would suggest you contact TES directly for help with this. They once contacted me by email on behalf of another member (albeit a different scenario), so they may be able to help you too. :D
    Good luck, and do let us know how you resolved your conundrum, just in case anyone else encounters the same issue. ;):)

4. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

I wasn't aware this happened, though it makes perfect sense. When did Tes implement this as I have not seen it anywhere (though to be fair I wouldn't really know where to look)? I always worry when I find a mistake in a resource that has been purchased that I have no way of letting the buyer(s) know (and those damn typos always manage to slip through the net despite numerous proof-reads)!

MosaiK and shd132 like this.
  5. nwilkin

nwilkin New commenter

It has been like this since I joined in 2012.

6. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

I have emailed Tes about this and no, they don't do this...yet! :)

vcurrie19 likes this.
  7. 1986SGriggs

1986SGriggs New commenter

I have got a post on my home page when things have been updated and have been able to download it and get the new version.