1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How can I Become fluent in English?

Discussion in 'English' started by SteffenCarter, Feb 1, 2019.

1. SteffenCarter

SteffenCarter New commenter

Hi,

I have a very good hand in English. But the problem is that I can't speak English Fluently. Please suggest me What should I do to get the fluency in English.

2. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

The only way to gain fluency is to speak the language. If you live in an English speaking country then you will have many opportunities to use the language every day, but if you don't, then you will need to seek out opportunities. You might consider a 'language exchange', where a native speaker wanting to learn your native language will chat with you in English in exchange for you chatting to them in your native language. Try your luck at a local university or library, or search online for someone wanting to chat via FaceTime or Skype.

3. tb9605

tb9605 Occasional commenter

Fluency is over-rated: being fluent doesn't mean you don't make mistakes, just that you can speak quickly. Proficiency is the key. I would take some lessons if I were you. Using duolingo regularly is good too.

4. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

You can find people to do language exchanges with on Skype. You help them with your native language and they do the same. Totally free. Practice is the key.