1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How can I be successsful in the interview ?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by sillyme85, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Hi all,

Attended many interviews...but was not successful.

What is the success secrete in a TA interview ?

Thanks

2. stargirl81

stargirl81 New commenter

I wish I could tell you the answer, I cant ever believe it when I get a job! I know you read all the questions on here for interviews, I suppose it is just keep doing that and go for every possible question, research the school, be honest ( I told the interview panel that I absolutely was not creative lol) be 110% on safeguarding. I think you already do all this though. Do you ever get given feedback?

3. After my recent interview ....the school called me after a week saying unfortunately.....the position is offered to a person who is more suitable for the job. :( They left a msg on my phone. Not had a chance to speak to them. In another interview...they mentioned that my activity did not fully engage the children, (There were 10 yr6 children ) and I think when they throw a new unexpected question at me ..I am not able to handle it.

4. CassiaJaneK

CassiaJaneK New commenter

Im no teacher but i do think that you need to have some more self confidence. Even your name sillyme already tells me you put yourself last. Beleive in yourself xxx

5. snugglepot

snugglepot Occasional commenter

You could email the school and ask for feedback. Have you trained and worked as a TA?