1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How can a bad dream

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Phoenixchild, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

affect you the following day in such a totally negative way? I have been miserable all day, and though the dream is certainly not the sole reason it did set my frame of mind from the offset, if you know what I mean?
    Also in the past, when people have pee'd me off in my dreams, or done something to upset me, I have spent the following day being irrationally hurt and upset at them.
    Please reassure me I am not totally weird.....or ok, at least that some of you feel that way too!xx

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

You have the same weirdness rating as me!

3. Dreams can affect me in the same way - nice when they are good dreams and I feel happy the next day, but horrible when you feel hurt and upset as you describe. You may or may not be totally weird, I couldn't say, but I am quite weird!!

4. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Dreams are educational, I would say. One way or another.

5. I have the same problem. For years I have been having awful dreams and they really affect me for the rest of the day. On the rare occasion that I don't dream or have a good one I feel great the next day as it is such a relief!

6. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

Well at least I'm not alone, I worry sometimes about the places my dreams and thoughts take me lol.
    Right, thanks for the reassurances, I'm off for the night now and hopefully I'll have a better night's sleep when I get there.
    Sweet dreams all.xxx

7. Mr Gorgy has very vivid dreams and they have occasionally affected him the next day. A few times he has dreamed that I have been baaad with someone else and been so ****** off with me. I only dream about buying potatoes or doing my marking. Very rarely have any kind of interesting dreams. I suppose that might mean my life is terribly exciting already. Possibly.

8. PC I once dreamt my BF was having an affair. When I woke up I turned and punched him as I was so angry with him and truly believed he had cheated on me! Boy did I have some apologising to do.

Bad dreams can also affect me for the whole day after too so I think your feelings are quite normal. I hope you have better dreams tonight. x