1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How are you procrastinating today?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by RedBedHead94, Jan 23, 2017.

1. RedBedHead94

RedBedHead94 Established commenter

I'm browsing on here and commenting on things to avoid the payroll scanning. :D:D

2. inceywincey

inceywincey Occasional commenter

I'm going to bake a cake. I should be setting cover lessons for tomorrow because I'm ill.

Lara mfl 05 and RedBedHead94 like this.
  3. RedBedHead94

RedBedHead94 Established commenter

Just leave them some cake too, it'll be fine.

Or leave a picture of you enjoying your cake.

Either way, cake first.

4. surf kitty too

surf kitty too Occasional commenter

I am ill too - been suffering badly with asthma so I am awake half the night.... :(

Amazon - buying 'kitchen organisation' thingies like spice rack shelves to go on the back of the pantry door etc. Pinterest.....for the ideas. Ebay - flogging stuff I don't need to pay for the Amazon stuff!

RedBedHead94 likes this.
  5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I've been hanging about a bit, whilst a couple of kitchen blokes take of theworktop and make a template for the new one. Now they've gone and things are back in the cupboards, I'm about to wash the floor. It's a filthy day and they were tramping in and out.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Soup's on although Maleficent still tried to do it her way and crowd me out. Fishing tackle being sorted in stages for tomorrow.
    Quiet, fishing and lentil soup with shin - bliss.

7. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

I'm fed up because I'm ill enough to feel lousy but not ill enough to curl up in bed - and why is it that I'm only ever ill on my non-teaching days? Had to go out as I had run out of tissues and milk, and also bought a new battery for my doorbell, so have now crawled back in and am about to make myself a large cup of coffee and watch rubbish TV to cheer myself up. Any recommendations?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Marking...

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  9. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

@lanokia Isn't that the opposite of procrastinating?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  10. petaloutha

petaloutha Lead commenter

What this?

11. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Loads of red lentils, a carrot, an onion and a piece of shin with the bone in. Simmer until the shin is cooked. Cut up the shin and put it back in the soup. Make sure there is enough for tomorrow. Eat the marrow and eat the remaining soup tonight.

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The temperature never gets to 120C.

13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

If it doesn't taste like mine it's wrong.

14. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I had planned to do my tax return today. It is now 16.18 and I have managed to open last years spreadsheet, name a new sheet "15-16" and copy across the old data as a template. That part took me about 1 min, other than this I have taken and sent a new passport photo as they didn't like the background in the first one I took and .... I have no idea really, but much time has passed.

Lalad likes this.