1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How are you feeling today?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by monicabilongame, Nov 19, 2019.

1. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ah now this is good...

Yesterday was a 3.
    Today? 8
    Tomorrow... hoping for 1

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

And hopefully I never feel 5... had that about 5 years ago... and again 7 years ago... rather not do a 5 again.

4. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

This is my favourite thread of today.

Luckily I am immune to feeling like any of them, but I am still pleased to try and work out which resemblance is truer-
    number two and Ken Dodd looking in his wardrobe
    or
    all of them and a staff meeting in the week before Christmas.

5. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I've been 5 too. It's not great.

Today was probably around a 4 or a 6. I suspect tomorrow I'll be a 9. If I'm lucky. I'm in danger of a 5.

6. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Today has been a definite 5. I woke up with a cold after a rubbish night. My knees and hips hurt and I had a long walk from the bus stop to my hospital appointment to look forward to. I set off down the road and slipped on a pile of squishy leaves and fell like a clown on my backside. Had to walk back up the hill and get changed.

Sulked on the sofa for the rest of the day. Tomorrow must surely be better. At least a 3.

caress, frangipani123, Jamvic and 2 others like this.
  7. primarycat

Grim. Hope you get your 3 tomorrow.

8. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Sorry to hear that. Hope tomorrow's better.

I've been a definite 8 with some of my clients... I love those evil little eyes!

9. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

What a brilliant thread! I think I was a 6 today.

10. primarycat

We could have 6ed together!

11. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

I'm recovering from a long 5

12. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Indeed it is. And to think I nearly didn't take a quick peek to open it. :oops:

Hmmnn? o_O I think it will be a 7 for me. Mainly because it looks not quite finished. Which sums up my day- done a fair it but not as much as I wanted.

monicabilongame and Jamvic like this.
  13. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

What a great idea. :D Had a very happy & productive day today so I’m going for a 1.

I decorated some candles for the local primary’s Winter Fete. did a fair chunk of an ongoing (Christmas themed) jigsaw puzzle, had a nice chat with son No. 2 who rang me out of the blue in his lunch hour to confirm he’d be home for Christmas (hooray!). Ordered, & paid a deposit online, for some Christmas ‘special treat’ food items to be collected on 22nd Dec (Even doing it this early all the morning collection slots for my nearest M&S had already gone!) and I went for a lovely, but muddy, walk with my walking group.

Definitely a 1 day. :)

14. lrw22

lrw22 Established commenter

I think 3 probably captures how I am feeling today.

monicabilongame likes this.
  15. RepelloInimicum

RepelloInimicum Lead commenter

I have had another challenging day with my class - reckon I have been several of them at various points between getting up and now :(

monicabilongame and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  16. frangipani123

frangipani123 Lead commenter

I was a definite 6 for three hours in the middle of the day when I thought my friend's cat, who has been staying with me since Sunday, had escaped through the front door when I collected the rubbish bin. Searched house repeatedly, went up and down the street, drove around, spoke to neighbours, the postman and complete strangers trying to locate him. Last neighbour said his mum once 'lost' her cat for three days and found it behind the wardrobe. Had another look upstairs and found him under a duvet. He's a quite large cat being a Maine **** and don't know how I missed him. He's now purring on my lap not knowing the terror I experienced.

17. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

My day began with having to explain to the meanest person I've ever met, why I had ordered a couple of storage heaters that weren't working to be replaced. This particular man was a bean counter in his former life and has an obsession with electricity being wasted, to the extent that after I turned the heaters on when it turned chilly at the end of of October, he went round turning all off every day, so it took me a while to discover that a couple of them no longer worked.

Then at half past ten, I had to endure a training session over Skype about ASB and the complaints procedure, where I wasn't able to get a straight answer to the question I posed about how the procedure ought to be used when a complaint is made by someone whose sole interest in life is being anti-social.

Then when that was over I did the fire alarm test, which resulted in the same individual wanting to know why it had been delayed by half an hour from the time it would normally be done, and whether it really needed to sound as long as it did, bearing in mind all the electricy it was using as I scaled from the top floor of the building to the bottom to cancel the alarm.

It was a day in which the electicians installing the new storage heaters, needed to shut off the electricity a couple of times, to prevent me being able to catch up on the emails, several of which were related to the same idiot complaining about how much electricity was being wasted now that the new car park lights were coming on every time a car went past the car park, when in fact, it was his wife who complained that the old lights had such a narrow angle of detection for the PIR detector, that they sometimes never came on until she tripped arrse over head on her dog, when walking the sodding thing at night throught the car park.

Apparently the ASB and complaints procedure now requires estate managers to log every complaint immediately it's received, then having wasted the estate manager's time logging thge complaint, they pass it back to the estate manager to deal with, following it up by nagging what the outcome was and if unresolved will be escalated to the dispute resolution team who will no doubt ask why this merable git hasn't been sectioned under the mental health act, or been given a smack in the mouth for all the grief he causes.

There are plenty of days in my job when I have the chance to improve someone's life and never meet a hedgehog, but you can never tell when days like that get interrupted by someone with an as yet undiagnosed mental health condition will disrupt them.

But I've reached the stage in this job where I fully appreciate the ancient Chinese wisdom that nothing really matters much; and most things don't matter at all.

I'll qualify that by saying that if there was an emergency, of course it matters, but the tedium of dealing with a bean counter obsessed with the cost saving a penny where it's possible, who can't comprehend that the lights were changed with LED ones that cost a fraction of the price to run than the previous ones did, that advances in technology allow a wider bean angle for the PIR detectors and you can't buy the old ones any more, added to which the sodding lights would have been changed anyway is the old cow he's married to hadn't complained...

Maybe tomorrow this utter waste of a skin will be grateful if I call an ambulance to rush him to hospital. I don't imagine for a second that the cost of it will be a concern for him.

He's the sort who votes Tory every time. Has the radiators outside his own flat turned up to full, but makes a point of walking roumd the etate to turn the rest down to low, so he can save a few pence on his service charge bill whilst everyone else sufferers.

We all know who people like this are and who we ought to vote for to reduce their power over the rest of humanity.

18. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

Very glad you found the cat in the end as I know what you mean when you say you experienced feelings of terror, I had a friend’s dog pull away from me and run off when I was looking after him while she was in hospital. I’ve never been as panicked in my life, the dog was like a child to her. He was luckily found after a 3 hour frenzied search but those hours felt like an eternity to me. This happened a couple of years ago and I never told my friend about it. Whenever I look after her dog now I am totally paranoid about keeping an extra tight grip on the lead handle. That day I was definitely a 5 :confused:

frangipani123 likes this.
  19. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

You're not South African are you?

primarycat likes this.
  20. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

The twice yearly data entry task of grade predictors would be far less onerous if we were encouraged to substitute the typing of grade 1 to 9 with the respective hedgehog cake fail image.
    As predictors and performance measures of a teacher, it's hardly going to alter the meaning, is it?