1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How are we all feeling?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by rainbow_gold, May 21, 2011.

1. rainbow_gold

rainbow_gold New commenter

Hi there!
    I was just wondering how everyone is feeling now we are getting so close to the end of the year, and, for some of us so close to the end of the course!
    I have only 3 and a half weeks left of the course, getting very excited for finishing now and enjoying a nice relaxing summer! However I can safely say I am exhausted and just about running on empty. Desperately trying to make sure that I have met all standards with my QTS file, and getting a couple of last min obs done but I'm reaching the stage where I feel a bit fed up and ready to move on! How are the rest of you?
    How many of us have enjoyed this year? It has definately been the hardest thing I have ever had to put myself through, but I'm very proud that I'm almost at the other side and looking back I have enjoyed the majority of the year even tho it has been hard.
    xx

2. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

I am a little stressed at the moment! My folder of Q evidence is due for hand in on Friday and I thought I had all my evidence collected but the tutor at my school who has to sign them off as completed said I need more evidence for most of them (she wants about 8 pieces for each) and so I have a week to find more evidence for about 30 standards!
    On top of that I have the SEN assignment to complete by Wednesday. I also have an interview next week to prepare for. This is all in addition to the lesson plans, evaluations, write up of training meetings etc that have to be completed.
    I just want to finish now to be honest, I love the teaching but have not enjoyed this school placement as much as my first. Mainly because of the teaching staff there who have clearly forgotten what it feels like to be a student teacher!

3. quietlydetermined

quietlydetermined New commenter

I've absolutely loved my PGCE! But I do realise I have been lucky to have had placements in two schools where the staff have been really supportive and lovely. I have four weeks left of my final placement to go and can't believe how quickly the year has gone! The only thing I'm really stressed about is finding a job! I've had one unsuccessful interview so far and another this week... How is everyone else finding job-hunting?

4. I have loved doing my PGCE - but it has been a rollercoaster of emotions!
    I have 5 weeks left and i have struggled in my second placement and can't wait to leave.
    I have applied for so many jobs and got nowhere, but I wouldn't want to do anything else!

5. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

I don't feel like I'm near the end yet, as I still have 5 weeks of my final placement to go plus one week at uni after that. Unfortunately I am very tired and pretty much running on empty already! I am lucky to have had three good placements and I can certainly say I've enjoyed the year despite it being tiring. I definitely wouldn't say it's the hardest thing I've done - it's just been challenging in its own way.