1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How are teaching assistants "fixed" in the educational system?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by anon2659, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Does nobody have an idea? I even wrote to the DfES and they weren't able to help me :(

2. Eddie, I and I'm sure many others would love to help you but your question is just too broad and every school and in fact often different staff in the same school will have different answers. People here are really helpful but I think they are just not able to answer properly even though they would like to.

3. Eddie, I think that the questions you ask above, pretty much sum up the TA role, it has no fixed position in the education system. In my experience it is very much at the discretion of the Headteacher how they distribute the schools budget, for example, this year two TAs have left the school and are being replaced by two 0.5 teachers.

I think you might get more responses if you posted your request on the Headteachers forum.

Good luck with your Thesis

T