1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How anal are you about giving out stationery?

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by September, Jan 23, 2011.

1. September

September New commenter

As a HOD are you stingy when you hand out stationery?

2. September

September New commenter

As a HOD are you stingy when you hand out stationery?

3. No, I have a technician to do that for me!

4. September

September New commenter

Ooo I'm going to ask my boss if one of the classroom support assistants can do that for me. I have a long list of admin tasks that I am expected to do that I feel could be easily transferred to that person. I will quote the 21 administrative tasks from the workforce agreement.

5. Spare stationery is just left out in the faculty store. Teachers take what they need when they need it.

6. Usually I let staff help themselves as and when they need it. If I feel they are eating it, I make a comment at Briefing which usually has the effect of controlling any excesses or makes people think twice about whether they actually need it or not. I'm also quite good about not ordering stuff until after it's run out: makes people a bit more grateful when they get fresh stock - obviously not on key items.

7. MarkS

MarkS New commenter

I'm Head of Science, and my senior technician is just as pedantic about stationery as I am! We give each teacher an allocation of pens, pencils, rulers etc. to use each term...if they don't look after them, tough...they don't get any more!
    Mark

8. September

September New commenter

You have put a smile back on my face. I like your style.

9. MarkS

MarkS New commenter