1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

how am i going to cope being off work for 6 weeks?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kangaroo.poop, Jan 3, 2011.

1. exactly this.
    i really do love the job.
    how i am going to manage being off for six weeks ? i have a broken ankle and wont be at work for 6 weeks.

2. exactly this.
    i really do love the job.
    how i am going to manage being off for six weeks ? i have a broken ankle and wont be at work for 6 weeks.

3. Considering most of us go back to work tomorrow or wednesday and are dreading it, you're probably not going to get very helpful responses!
    Its wonderful you enjoy your job but take the time to do other things you enjoy! If your missing it that much, make sure you're planning and prep is all organised for when you return.
    I daresay you'll survive :p

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Plan lots of resources? The main problem will be being stuck in. I've only had 6 hours work a week since July. Means I spend 2 days planning it! lol.
    Hope you're better soon x

5. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

I didn't think it was the most tactful thread on earth either.

6. Read. Catch up on all those books that you planned to read and never had the time. Plan the most kiss **** topic for when you return with every lesson planned in minute detail. Come on here and waste time as I have done for most of the Christmas holidays. Write a novel. Take up knitting/cross stitching/origami...thats all I can think of right now.
    Poor you though, how'd you break your ankle?

7. very little i do can be done sitting down with my leg elevated! i broke it on christmas eve and have either been in bed or hospial since then. had final op on new years day.
    i'm just used to working

8. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

If it will make you feel better, I'm happy to donate my marking to such a good cause...

9. yea because when you have spent the christmas holidays in hospital and having ops the last thing on your mind is tact. trust me i would rather be anyone returning to work, im not actually gaurenteed to walk on this again! 6 weeks is being incredibly optimistic!

10. littlemissraw

lol. I also have some Uni essays I need to collect to mark tomorrow that I can donate?

11. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I'm pretty sure that I could cope. Stuck at home in winter with books/tv/Internet? Yes,I'm sure I could cope.

12. I would suggest reading.. Get a kindle! Or sign up to the expensive version of love film and get a load of DVDs?

13. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

Admittedly, it isn't quite as fun when you are in plaster (presumably) and cannot walk or drive. I was stir crazy after staying indoors for 48 hours during the snow, never mind 6 weeks.
    However, I'm sure I could struggle through a week or so of being at home with my laptop on my knees getting ahead with my planning for after half-term.

14. got to my friends for our xmas eve party, opened all the presents with the kids, had a lovely time. i went out to get a chinese, came back, plated up and went to the toilet. coming back down i twisted my ankle on the stairs when i got to the bottom i had broken it and broken 3 toes in the other foot to. so spent xmas eve in a&e then into a ward, i was allowed home for a few days and taken in so it could be watched and i could have full bed rest. was let out yesterday.

15. littlemissraw

This is actually quite a good idea. Topcashback also give £15 for signing up on the free trial...? x

16. Good idea, just remember to return them on time!
    I signed up to love film once, didn't get round to returning the DVDs for ages and got charged loads when I finally got round to it!
    Hope your ankle is much better soon!

17. i just prefer being social and outdoors and active. i can't bear to sit about reading or watching films.
    i cant do anything for this week while im a backslab but i imagine after a few weeks im going to be pain free and just hopping about

18. Give it six weeks and you'll be askig how will you cope with going back.

19. i know im going to go mad not being able to drive. i recently got a lovely new (2nd hand new) golf and its just sitting there.........

20. and yes i'm already worried about coping with going back!