1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How accurate are your exam entries?

Discussion in 'English' started by denmums, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Dear All,

I have tried a freedom of information request concerning exam entries for GCSE English to my awarding body to no avail, and am wondering if any of you could help. .

Can you provide information about the administration of exam entries from your centres (which, of course, you need not name and I will treat with strict confidence)? Specifically, I would like to know:

1) In the most recent series, roughly how many entries did your centre make?

2) As a proportion of these, how many were late entries for the June exam, and what are the consequences of this for your organisation?

3) How common is it for students to be entered for the wrong tier for their exam? If you could provide this as a proportion of all entries overall that would be most helpful. I would also like information on how many extra papers you usually receive, what the reasons for this can be and any costs involved.

4) What remedial action do you recommend for the improvement of the administration of exams in-centre?

This is for a research project that I am doing and would appreciate any information you can provide. I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Thanking you in advance