1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How about a permanent display?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Elohim, Apr 8, 2011.

1. We like laminating things, don't we? Well how about a permanent display.
    About 20-30 A3 sheets of coloured paper are laminated and used as the display paper. After designing and printing your own border, that is also laminated. Small slits with a stanley knife are made in the middle of the display paper. The slits allow paper clips or pegs to hold work without having to use a staple gun or pins to cause unattractive punctures. Thus, work can be changed as many times as you like without damaging the display.
    What do you think?

2. Not really liking the idea! How would you build up exciting interactive displays when you can only have things in certain places?

3. The displays would be interactive because work would be removable for closer inspection by other students, e.g. stories that have been written by students could simply be removed by unpegging it.

4. I'm all for interactive displays, but laminated things look tacky... so would the display.

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Do you have a picture as I just can't visualise this at all

6. The display will be complete in a week - and I'll definitely post pics.

7. Used to have a permanent book review wall - laminated backing (had to be because the kids queued for dinner against the wall - and we know kids are incapable of standing next to a wall without leaning) and polypockets with the hole strip cut off for each child that they'd put their current book review in... closest I came and was a system I'd inherited. Didn't really like it THAT much but it was one of those walls where things constantly got trashed with the layout of the school (you know the sort of walls I mean) and it meant that the only things that I had to constantly fix were border roll to freshen it up, and name labels on the pockets when they got shabby.
    Hate display boards that the kids constantly lean against - and it was on a major corridor route but at child height not wall height and none of the midday supervisors was ever bothered to stop the wall-leaning and there's only so many lunch hours you can hide like the troll under the bridge with a "who's that wrecking my wall display" fearsome line.