1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How about a Cookery meet?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by lapinrose, Apr 25, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Maybe we could arrange to meet up at some Food event during the year as well. Brighton has a food show in May I think. I'll find out and let you know.

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Another one is Airbourne in August, manashee is coming doen for it, now I know this is really expensive, but I can book a table for 10 in the Aviators club, a huge tent with a superb 3 course meal, it works out about £50 each. Alternately I can do a BBQ here if anyone is into planes and food.

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

That means you could be close to me soon!
    A meet sounds good - let's see if we can find a time to do it!

4. Ooh, EG, are you moving? I live half way between Worcester and Birmingham if that's any help. How are you feeling?

5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

You must be a near neighbour Suze. That about describes where I am too!

6. I'm in B'grove - anywhere near you?

7. egyptgirl

Probably - Mr EG has been offered his dream job in Herefordshire and the job will be quite flexible so he can still tour when he wants to. Its quite a good wage he's being offered too - we're going to try and see if we can escape their for the weekend so we can see if we like it. Do you know the area at all, Suze?
    Fine, thanks. The weird cravings have settled down (thank goodness!) but fish is still making me feel a bit nauseous. Terrible back ache, though. Really horrible.

8. I'm in South Yorkshire of there are any others interested in meeting up 'up north'.

9. It isnt just me that thinks that SY is up north then!!
    I'm in Northampton but parents in SY, so I can travel to a meet within a fair distance :)
    Is it for any cookery people or just the ones who regularly post?
    JSY x

10. So that's 3 of us within driving distance then! As I am just outside Gloucester I am on the Glos/Herefrod/Worcester border!
    Anyone else anywhere near??

11. egyptgirl

I'm still in South London for the time being!
    Do you know what Heref'ordshire's like, Pobs? We've been madly asking friends who live in Worcestershire/Gloucestershire but they've never visited there!

12. Oh! Green, rural, expensive in parts. The city is a bit sprawling but nice.
    It is an ancient county with loads of history, lots of hops and apples, very few dual carriageways - about 2miles in the whole county.
    Your house will always be vaguely red, the soil is very heavy and very red and it gets dusty, just like here.
    The pace of life is inestimably slower than London.
    If you come to have a look round give me a shout I am only about an hour away from the bit furthest away from me!
    I can also give you handy hints on the places you are looking at. Climber's Dad has lived in Hereford for decades and Climber knows the area quite well!
    Feel free to PM me anytime!

13. egyptgirl

Sounds like a lovely area to bring up children in!
    We're going to try and visit next weekend but that will depend on how much work I bring home this week, how my back is (didn't know pregnancy backache could be so painful!) and how Mr EG's leg is doing!
    Thanks for the tips, Pobs. May be in touch soon!

14. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

It's unlikely to be pregnancy related so early on- it's not until the baby is heavier that it starts putting pressure on your back. You can still take paracetamol during pregnancy though- that and an antacid are about all you can have! I didn't know this during my pregnancy (had a slipped disc, SPD and dreadful heartburn) and wish I had!

15. egyptgirl

Thanks, Si. Already doing the paracetamol and warm compresses but not really helping. Hope it goes soon though!

16. I'm afraid I don't know Herefordshire at all, Pobble's been far more help than I could ever be! Good luck with your moving plans though [​IMG]
    I'm with Si on the backache in pregnancy advice, if it gets worse you should see your Dr or midwife about it. Take care x

17. henriette

henriette New commenter

1) Backache - try going on all 4s and spreading your pelvis - if a nerve has got trapped this can help release it. Otherwise see your GP - backache is usually much later in pregnancy and you don't want to start with a bad back at this early stage. Alternatively, an Osteopath may be able to help (I have a very good one who does pregnancy stuff, too, but we are too far from you to use him!)
    2) Herefordshire - we have good friends who live just outside Kington: it is <u>VERY</u> green, hilly and much slower than our life here in Central Berkshire - would possibly seem standstill to someone used to London!

18. egyptgirl

Thanks, H. The Mums on this forum are full of such amazing advice!
    Have a GP appointment on Thurs anyway so I'll see how I go and maybe mention it then.
    Sounds perfect! London always seems horrifically busy compared to where I grew up!

19. I've been on a school residential trip very near there and the countryside is stunning. We've lived in Berkshire and Northamptonshire, however, much prefer Worcestershire. It's close enough to local cities yet quite rural (although not as quiet as Herefordshire).

20. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I'm near Kiddie and use to work very near B'grove so not far at all [​IMG]