1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How a Sunday should be spent.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by rustybug, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Woke up without an alarm. Mooched about on computer for an hour or so, with kids playing on Wii in next room. Made pancakes with / for kids. Ate pancakes. Lazed about the place and assembled lamb stew while mum took kids to local event. Went for walk with dog (kids on bikes). Bit more mooching and drinking of tea. Went swimming. Came back to eat lamb stew.
    Glass of wine coming my way right now.
    Nice.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

No alarm clock and woke happy to find that it was 9:30.
    Tea, coffee, papers, then a lovely walk on Golders Hill park and Westheath followed by a pub roast and home to a detective thriller.

3. This maybe how it should be spent but in reality too much of it is spent planning the week ahead before it all kicks off.

4. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

But what about Strictly, X Factor and Downton apart from Catch Up Casualty because of Strictly and X Factor on Saturday?

5. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Wee-eee-ll, if it's fine I like to chivvy the family down to play on the boat - if it's sort of middling a walk/bike ride would be nice. If it's raining,a black and white film on the telly in the afternoon. None of this homework hideousness that is, in fact, the reality. (And I'd go back to going to church in the evenings, rather than the mornings, if I was given the choice...)

6. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

next lesson....find a new plumber.on who knows his job.lol

7. bnm

bnm

Had long lie-in.
    Breakfasted on croissants and sparkling wine.
    Did some housey jobs.
    Did some garden jobs.
    Watched afternoon Downton Abbey.
    Prepared veg.
    Ate olives and pate, and drank wine.
    Ate stir-fry chicken and veg and drank more wine.
    Watched evening Downton Abbey with coffee and chocolates.
    Was pretty good.

8. I'm seeing a bit of a theme in your post, a very good one I might add :)

9. bizent

bizent Star commenter

It didn't feel good this morning lol

10. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I love Sundays!
    Have a bit of a lie in
    Go to Mass
    Shopping with Mum
    Play with cats/snooze after lunch/watch Frost or Morse
    Pretend to have had a productive day when OH gets in from work

11. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Ah yes, Sunday is my lie-in day...
    6am- wake up to hear 10 month old daughter crying but stay in bed as it's OH's day to get up with her- he has a lie-in on Saturday and has got up with her.
    9am- come downstairs to find both of them wrapped in a duvet watching football, leave them to it, have long hot shower without small infant on the floor in her seat or shouting from the cot for me. Get dressed in peace, potter, tidy up, breakfast.
    Play with daughter while OH showers, then go out as a family- farmer's market, meet friends for lunch, walk in the forest, etc. Stay out most of the day.
    Return home to read the papers while daughter plays with toys, do her tea and bathtime, book and bed, OH cooks a roast, baby to sleep.
    Glass of wine downstairs with roast, good film/ telly and no work tomorrow as I'm now part time, so no Sunday evening planning :)

12. I wish I could, but it's a school flat - they choose the plumber and pay for it.

13. Lie in.
    Go to church.
    Wifey and me go to brother and his family for dinner (or vice-versa). Careful to remain under the limit...
    Wind the kids up.
    Go away, let the parents get them calmed down.
    Read. Not so careful about the limit.
    Watch last week's Grand Designs.
    Bed.