1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Housewarming Party?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pigginkt, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Having a few friends over or a housewarming party in a few weeks (Maybe around 15 people), have you had one before?
    I'm gonna do a buffet and cocktails and have guests bring a bottle...
    Is there anything else I need to do? Should I decorate the house?
    Hmm..... suggestions please!

2. Having a few friends over or a housewarming party in a few weeks (Maybe around 15 people), have you had one before?
    I'm gonna do a buffet and cocktails and have guests bring a bottle...
    Is there anything else I need to do? Should I decorate the house?
    Hmm..... suggestions please!

3. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

I am available where do you live. Half a cabbage covered in foil. Then spiked with cocktail sticks holding lumps of cheddar and those sweet pickled onions that are at the back of the cupboard are essential. Do you have a lava lamp?

4. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Selected toys from Ann Summers left on empty surfaces usually work well.

5. I normally just tell everyone to bring whatever they want to drink, and just have a giggle and a **** up!
    I dont bother doing food and if people need to eat we order pizza. Im far too stingy to fork out loads of cash paying for other people to eat and drink!

6. impis

impis New commenter

Hand them a paintbrush as they come in the door, and a tin of paint. Then direct them to one of the rooms you have yet to decorate in the colours of your choice.
    Once they've decorated the room for you, have a beer [or three] and a whip round for a takeaway.
    Perfect!

7. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

and remember to have a large bowl placed near the front door into which people can deposit their car keys