1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Household Contents Insurance

Discussion in 'Book club' started by Owen Meaney, Aug 1, 2011.

1. If you've got a 1,000 books (which I reckon I have) and it costs and average £9 each to replace (although it won't have cost that to buy them as many 2nd hand etc) it's going to cost £9,000 to replace if (god forbid) there's a fire, flood or an especially well read and fit burglar in the area.
    I can't see the insurance company just writing a cheque for that, or handing out a £9,000 Amazon voucher - tho' how much fun would THAT be to spend?
    Has anyone had to claim this or what do other posters do about insuring their books?
    Many thanks...

2. If you've got a 1,000 books (which I reckon I have) and it costs and average £9 each to replace (although it won't have cost that to buy them as many 2nd hand etc) it's going to cost £9,000 to replace if (god forbid) there's a fire, flood or an especially well read and fit burglar in the area.
    I can't see the insurance company just writing a cheque for that, or handing out a £9,000 Amazon voucher - tho' how much fun would THAT be to spend?
    Has anyone had to claim this or what do other posters do about insuring their books?
    Many thanks...